Friday, October 3, 2008

Why won't our baby sleep?

We are having such a hard time with Caroline sleeping. I know this all started with the ear infection about 2 weeks ago, and I feel it has now become a habit. When we put her in her crib she immediately stands up and refuses to sit/lay back down. Ahh...I love having an independent toddler :) She is always on the go and I am exhausted from just trying to keep up with her...I can only imagine how she feels! I am hoping that a few more nights of "crying it out" will work.

So...this is my first adventure into blogging. I am notorious for wanting to keep a journal and never quite holding up my end of the bargain -- I hope this is a convenient (and modern!) solution. Caroline is doing so many cute things that I want to share and keep track of them all, as well as how our new baby is doing!

We are really excited about the pregnancy, especially given the endometriosis diagnosis in the summer. It can cause fertility issues, so we feel very blessed (yet still cautious...). I am a little over 11 weeks today and we have our 12 week ultrasound and screenings next Friday. This will check for any abnormalities with the baby. I think we will feel more reassured after that visit and it marking the end of the first trimester.

No comments: