Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Great Thanksgiving







We had a wonderful, relatively relaxing Thanksgiving with mom and dad! I am so glad they came out to visit and got to see Caroline :) We drove up to the mountains one morning (before it snowed) and walked around a park up there. It was a gorgeous day! After that we went grocery shopping at Whole Foods, which should have been called Whole Zoos -- crazy the day before Thanksgiving. But it was also a lot of fun getting everything together, watching mom chasing Caroline throughout the store. Finally they got their own shopping cart. Good thing because we ended up using them both. Yikes -- that was for only 4 adults (well...Caroline eats about as much as an adult :) ) Can't wait to see what our cart looks like at Christmas. Speaking of Christmas -- I was looking through the Williams Sonoma catalog the other day and guess how much the standing rib is for 8-10 people? $299. WOW...it must be really good and come with a partridge in a peartree.


On Friday we did a little bit of shopping while dad went to see the new Bond film -- I wish I had gone to the movie. It was another madhouse. And I don't think we really bought anything. Except the Coach boots mom got for my birthday ;) Way better than uggggly Uggggs...


We had snow on Friday night but luckily mom and dad got out ok. It also snowed Saturday evening and pretty much all day Sunday. We had about 6 inches. It was beautiful! We ventured out to the grocery Sunday afternoon and we just chilled at home. It was so nice, especially since it was a weekend and RJ was here.


Last night we watched the Grinch cartoon and baked sugar cookies. Although she can't eat the actual cookies, she sat in her high chair and ate powdered sugar and sprinkles off the counter while I cut them out! She didn't seem too upset.


Well, we go for our big ultrasound this Friday. I am really excited but honestly I am so exhausted I feel like I'm not really enjoying this time. This is definitely my favorite time of year and I hope I can make it through...is that bad?!? I am excited to have everyone here and celebrate Christmas, but whew... I called my ob today and I think I am going to have my thyroid levels checked just to make sure everything is ok. It tends to fluctuate during pregnancy and I have been on the same dose since I was 17. Maybe it needs an adjustment? I just feel so sluggish and tired. So back to the baby -- RJ: still convinced a boy. Me: undecided. I am carrying differently than I did with Caroline (mom agrees) but who knows if that really means anything. I think when mom comes out Dec. 18 (only a few weeks!) we are going to have to get serious about looking at nursery furniture. By the way -- any last minute gift ideas for me and RJ -- something for the new nursery! Caroline's bed converts into toddler/twin bed and I just think of it as "her" room and it should all stay with her. And I love her room! We have made a few changes and I think it looks really pretty. The new nursery is a smaller room than Caroline's and I think we will just get a crib and dresser/changing table. Plus the swing we used for Caroline will be in there, etc. I have found a line of baby furniture in a boutique I really like here. Although I love Caroline's Bellini furniture so much it is hard to not get it again! Unfortunately they do not have a store in CO... We'll see!






No comments: