Caroline and I have been a walking accident today. I was doing laundry this morning and dropped a piece on the floor. I went down to pick it up and put it in, and I heard this weird noise. I looked up and it was the metal lid of the washer falling and crushing my pinky finger. OUCH! It hit right on the knuckle.
Then we went to Gymboree for the first time in a while today. There is a circular slide that has 3 little stairs up the left side and then the actual slide part down the right side. Yes, I was standing right there in front of Caroline and she fell backwards off the top stair. Scared me to death, thought I would die of a heart attack at Gymboree. Luckily she kept her neck up as long as possible so she didn't directly hit her head like whiplash, and she missed the edge of a wooden stair on an obstacle course by about an inch. Of course she started crying so we went to the center area with the other kids that were doing rocking activities. Caroline climbed in a little tube thingy and was just sitting there, I think recovering from the shock. The teacher (who I do not like, by the way -- the other one is by far better and nicer) started rocking Caroline in this thing I shot her the look from hell, like, "don't touch my child." Seriously, she was just sitting in there, minding her business watching the other children. If she doesn't feel like participating at that moment, she sure doesn't have to. You are getting your money for the class regardless.
Then at the end of class Caroline was running across the room and tripped and fell over a mat and landed pretty much face first. She fell so fast she didn't put her hands down. She was full on screaming, shrieking at this point and our play time was over. She was absolutely clinging to me and I could not get out of there fast enough. Just not our day. She wasn't bleeding, thank goodness. When we got home and her face resumed to a normal color (purpley due to the screaming), I noticed she has a little strawberry on her chin and a huge blood bruise on her bottom lip, which you can imagine is quite swollen. :(
We have been inside the rest of the day...
No comments:
Post a Comment