Tuesday, June 16, 2009

2 Months

Smelling our peony roses in the front yard

2 months old!


Lilly Catherine is now 2 months old! We had her appointment yesterday and everything went great. She is 9 pounds, 14 ounces and 22.5 inches (25% and 60%, respectively). I was hoping she would be at least 10 pounds, but close enough. And the doctor said she looks wonderful and is growing very well. She did get 2 vaccines and 1 oral vaccine. I got Dr. Sears's book, The Vaccine Book, which has been really helpful in making what I believe are the best choices for Lilly and Caroline regarding the whole vaccination drama. We are doing a delayed/selective vaccine schedule with Lilly (which we did not do with Caroline at this age), so she will go back pretty much every month to get a vaccine. This way she is not exposed to so many at once and her body will hopefully tolerate it well. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends 5 vaccines plus the oral at 2 months. I just think that is too much. And several vaccines have been combined into one, so if your child has a reaction, it makes it more difficult to figure out what she is reacting negatively to. Anyways...just my opinion. And Caroline has still not had the MMR vaccine and probably won't get it until she is at least 3.

We also had MDO today (we skipped last week due to all of the sickness around here) and Caroline did great! She didn't even look back when I dropped her off. I was able to do a little clothing shopping for myself for our trip next week, nurse Lilly in peace and give her some one-on-one time, and do some laundry. When I picked Caroline up she was exhausted - her poor little eyes looked like they were just going to shut! So we came home, I put Caroline down for a nap, fed Lilly and we all napped until 4:15!!! It was pure bliss :) And RJ got home a little early today so it was a super wonderful day!

No comments: