Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Busy Week, Sort Of...

It seems like there has been a lot going on around here lately, although we really haven't been out too much. We took Caroline to the doctor Monday and she has had another ear infection...ugh. The doctor said it is basically her sinuses draining into her ears, apparently ear infections are the child equivalent of an adult sinus infection. So it is not contagious, thank goodness for that. Lilly Catherine has also been doing lots in the last week -- she has found her feet and is almost rolling over! She is super cute when she plays with her feet :) I can't believe she will be 4 months on Friday!!! Seriously, where has the time gone??? I honestly don't even remember May and June. She goes to the doctor for her check-up on Monday, so I am curious to see how our little petite baby is growing. She is in 3-6 month clothing right now, but is still a skinny little baby. She is also getting more hair and I am so happy that it is still dark! And her eyes are still blue, which I figured they would be since RJ and I both have blue eyes. Although they are a darker blue than both RJ and Caroline. More like my dad's eye color. It is amazing to see their similarities and differences so far. Lilly Catherine definitely has my complexion and skin, and Caroline has RJ's. And she is still sleeping great, from about 10-8 (some days 9!), but Caroline was a great sleeper too. Caroline didn't find her feet until about 6 months and was not at all interested in rolling over, crawling, etc. I think she literally rolled over once and decided she didn't need to do it again. And she never really crawled. She basically went from sitting around to running at 14 months. So far Lilly Catherine seems a little more interested in going after toys, moving around, hitting her play mobile, etc. Other than that, not much has been going on around here. We haven't done much at all this last week as far as MDO, playdates, Gymboree, etc. Just because Caroline has been so grumpy...at least now I know why!

No comments: