Monday, December 21, 2009

Getting Ready for Christmas...


at Hammond's Candy Factory
with Nana and Papa
hmmm...
dancing beside candy canes at Winter Wonderlights
our little family!
she loves her Papa...
such a little helper in the kitchen...as always
catching a ride from daddy
two peas...cutting santas out of wrapping paper and taping them around the kitchen :)

RJ surrounded by beautiful girls
she is getting loud...and aggressive!
Despite the foot of snow in Asheville the night before my parents' flight, they made it here Saturday, on time! We have been doing lots of fun things to get ready for Christmas...putting final touches on the tree; wrapping packages; baking and eating; and seeing the sights around Denver. Yesterday we went to the Winter Wonderlights at the Wildlife Experience and it was so much fun! We went on my birthday last year (my parents were not out here at the time), and it was about 15 degrees outside. This year it was much warmer, around 35, and they got to go with us. We had a great time! Today we took a trip downtown to Hammond's Candy Factory. We got to tour the factory and watch them make candy (they are already making Valentine's Day candy!), and then of course we bought a ton. Caroline picked out a candy cane lollipop, but overall was not too impressed...go figure. She was, however, very excited about riding on the interstate! I love that little girl :) Tomorrow we are going to look at puppies (RJ will kill me if I come back with one!!!) and then to the mall to Build-A-Bear and random shopping. Caroline has never done Build-A-Bear, but I think she will love it! I also thought she would love the candy factory...
Oh...Lilly Catherine has started waving! And at appropriate times :) It is so cute and she gets SO excited! She waved at Dad when they got here tonight and waved bye to them last night. And as I commented earlier, she is loud! And has quite the grip! I'll be surprised if we all make it though the holidays with our hair.

No comments: