Sunday, December 27, 2009

Time for a change...

I love Christmas. I mean, really, really LOVE Christmas. However, I needed a change on the blog. I have seen so much red and green lately, I just can't take anymore. That includes my house. We started putting Christmas stuff up the first weekend in November. That is a long time. Don't get me wrong...we have loved every minute of it. And it takes so much work to get it all out, that we like to start early so we can enjoy it. Consider it enjoyed. I am very much looking forward to taking it down this week.

One thing I am not looking forward to is my parents leaving tomorrow :( They have been here for 9 days and I have just loved every second of having them here. The girls just absolutely adore both of them, and it is nice to have someone other than RJ and myself to entertain them. Mom and Caroline are just so cute together. They "get" each other. And Dad and Lilly Cate are just so cute. She absolutely loves him and is just so content while he is holding her. Needless to say, our babies are going to be quite disappointed and bored when we drop Nana and Papa off at the airport tomorrow :(

I am looking forward to a new year. I am typically very sad around this time of year, and several have said I suffer from seasonal depression. I don't think this is the case anymore. As RJ put it, we have squeezed all we can out of the holidays, had a perfect Christmas, and we are looking forward. Having children definitely changes the way you look at holidays, and the year as a whole, and I realize that we have so many exciting things to look forward to already.

As a side note, I am SO PROUD to report that as of Wednesday, December 16, our sweet Caroline is potty trained!!! YAY :) She has done such a wonderful job and we are so excited for her. She is growing and changing so quickly. And she is such a smart little girl with a wonderful sense of humor. I am so lucky to be her mommy and I just love her more than I can say. And our Lilly Catherine is growing! I'm not sure if I have mentioned this, but she now has both of her bottom teeth in and you can see them really well. They are adorable ;) And she has gained about 3 pounds in the last 2 months, but not grown in height at all. She has her 9 month check-up next month, which is so hard to believe! Oh...and she is waving and clapping her hands. Oh my goodness...it is the cutest thing I have ever seen. She has the most prissy little wave ever! When mom and dad walked in the other evening she was in her highchair facing the door and she got so excited and started waving and clapping for dad! Mind you, she still won't be on her tummy for more than a minute without putting her head down and sucking her thumb, but she is all over the social development!

No comments: