I feel so frustrated and overwhelmed right now. I am seriously on the verge of tears. I feel like we are drowning in our house! I have such great plans with our home to start the new year: reorganizing the girls' clothes; hanging letters (for her name) and some alphabet cards in Lilly Catherine's room; eventually transitioning Caroline to a big girl room in the Spring. HOWEVER...these projects cannot even really get started because I can't get the basics done. While Christmas is technically down, we still have a few odds and ends lying around in boxes that still need to go down in the basement. Ugh. I haven't put up all of the girls' toys and such from Christmas because frankly, I am running out of room in our playroom. We have some wall shelving in there, but it is not very deep, and only fits certain things. We have a new art/craft Mickey Mouse table in the playroom, so that is taking up lots of room that we could have otherwise used for cute boxes for storage. So I have toys all over my living room. ALL OVER. And I am a little tired of shuffling baby clothing around. I swear, I JUST GOT OUT A NEW SET OF CLOTHING FOR LILLY CATE. Like, 3 weeks ago. If that. And she has already out grown them. (As a side note, I think she has really found her appetite the last week or so after being sick pretty much since the middle of November.) I know, I know...I shouldn't be complaining and I am SO BLESSED to have two healthy little girls to deal with the whole clothing thing, but it just gets so overwhelming sometimes. And I have had to reorganize Caroline's clothing because her pants and jammies are literally too long/big to fit in her drawers the way we've had them. The child is 2 1/2 and wears a 4, 5 in some things. Geesh! RJ asked me what he could do tonight to help, and bless his heart, I said go away with the girls to a hotel for a few days :) That is sad, people! I think I am just trying to do too much at once, and as a result I'm not making any real progress on anything. But I just get so side tracked during the day. Someone always needs something, and I feel like I am constantly running to the next gig (even if I don't leave my house...like today!). Sorry for the vent!
Do you other mommies feel this way too? Surely I'm not alone...
Do you other mommies feel this way too? Surely I'm not alone...
No comments:
Post a Comment