Thursday, January 21, 2010

Vent

I realize that I am so fortunate and blessed. Let me preface this post with that. I am incredibly lucky that God has given me the two most amazing children ever; a husband so wonderful that if I sat down and listed all of the qualities I want in a partner, I would never have dreamed such a person existed -- he does and he is my husband; the ability to stay home with my children; and the list goes on.

However, I have to get a few petty things off my chest. Mainly, sleep issues. Not with my children (they fall into the aforementioned "blessed" category by sleeping through the night at 5 and 7 weeks, respectively), with me. I have been having sleep issues for months now. And I am about at the end of my rope. I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to be the only one not asleep at bedtime. Seriously, I feel like I have been walking around in a fog since about October. I have tried over the counter sleep aids, Rx sleep aids, I drink "Sleepytime" tea every single night, have cut out caffeine in the afternoon (I am down to one Diet Crack a day, which if you know me at all that itself is a miracle), and once again, the list goes on. I have talked with several other moms and some say it is the "mommy brain" that won't turn off. Hmmm...I guess that could be part of the problem, but I feel tired and ready for bed. If anyone has any other suggestions, PLEASE let me know. I am willing to try just about anything to get some sleep around here. I last saw the clock at 3:17 this morning. That is pretty much up all night. And like now...both babies have been sleeping for 2 hours and I can't sleep!
And also...I am absolutely craving to go to the beach! Or just anywhere warm, but really the beach. We didn't get to go last year, and I think it is just hitting me that we haven't been in almost 2 years! That and this is a hard time of year to be in Denver. Yes, it is gorgeous...the Rocky Mountains are stunning with the snow. However, we don't ski. That is one problem with enjoying this time of year (especially now that the holidays are over) out here. And Spring pretty much doesn't exist, so it feels like Winter will never end. We had snow in the middle of May in 2008, and we had 2 feet of snow last April when Lilly Catherine was born. So I currently feel there is no end in sight as far as weather is concerned. And January...oh, January. You are the longest and worst month of the year. And this year, I'm afraid, is worst than most. I actually dressed the girls up in summer clothes this morning and took pictures. That is so pathetic. Partly because I have the cutest little outfit with ruffles on the back for Lilly Catherine that I know she won't be able to wear this summer (it barely fit her today). It was actually Caroline's, but she was too big for it during summer as well. And I just had to get some pictures of someone in it! I will post those later.
I feel somewhat better posting this, but I am still looking into going to Atlantis :) They are having a great deal right now: stay 3 nights, get the 4th free and free companion airfare.

No comments: