Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Party That Hasn't Happened...Twice




The pictures are from the other week when Caroline had pictures at school.

Happy 1st Birthday, Lilly Catherine!!!

I started planning Lilly Catherine's first birthday party quite some time ago. Mainly because I made most of the decorations (I love getting ideas from Design Dazzle and Kelly's Korner) and well, because it is a first birthday party. One of my friends said that the first party is really for the mom anyways. And I have agree. It is kind of a party for the whole family.

Originally, it was scheduled for April 17. However, I woke up in the middle of the night Thursday night/early Friday morning sick. Really sick. It was horrible. By around lunchtime on Friday, I was so sick that I could not keep anything on my stomach and just felt dehydrated. I thought I was too sick to make it to the doctor's office, but also knew that I was too sick to just be at home. So I went to my primary care doctor (yes, I drove myself. no, I do not remember getting there. scary.). She basically looked at me and sent me straight down to the ER. Thank goodness they are attached to the hospital. Shorter story...I spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the hospital with the most horrible stomach virus I could ever imagine. 9 bags of fluids. Lots of pain medicine (I had horrible body aches.). No party that weekend.

This weekend, Caroline has been sick. Starting around Wednesday, she was just a completely different child. Thursday was pretty bad. Thursday night I was afraid she might have meningitis. Friday morning we were at the doctor's office. He suspected the meningitis as well...she had a fever, said her head and neck hurt, and was sick to her stomach. He did a couple of tests and ruled that out. Thank the Lord! So he continued with the exam and decided to treat her for strep since she has puss on the back of her throat (she was flipping out too much to do a test at that point of the exam) and she had a bulging ear infection, which he said would probably rupture. Have I mentioned our problems with ears lately?!? So he put her on two antibiotics and antibiotic ear drops. Then the second party was off.

Poor Lilly...We are now shooting to celebrate her birthday with our friends out here in the middle of May once we get back from NC. And hopefully we can do a small party in NC with our family.

No comments: