Sunday, June 20, 2010

Quite the Weekend Around Here

heading to the game!
daddy and his girl!
lilly catherine loves a good hotdog bun :)
yum!
dear, dear caroline
our little family
caroline the slugger
happy father's day!!!



We have had just a wonderfully exhausting weekend.  Friday night I went to dinner and to see Young Frankenstein with a great friend and her cousin, who is a dancer in the play.  First of all, we ate at Maggiano's, so you know it was a good night.  I just love to eat there.  Period.  I love everything about it.  And I always order the same thing:  we shared the fried zucchini and chopped salad, and then I begged for a half order of the Beef Medallions and they are just the most perfect meal ever.  After we completely stuffed ourselves, we headed downtown for the play.  It was a gorgeous evening and since we were there a little early, Shawna and I walked around, got a coffee, and talked without our screaming children.  It was lovely!  (I must say, I felt badly for her cousin, Lara, who had to dance, sing and wear a corset after eating the feast.  By the way, she is just a doll and has the most unbelievable dancer's legs I have ever seen.  And I grew up around pageants.)  Anyways...the play was spectacular!  I think it is the most fun I have ever had at a play!  I laughed the whole way through and loved every second of it.

Saturday, we started the day off with Mia Hamm at the Fieldhouse for soccer practice.  Oh My Goodness.  Caroline is not a soccer player.  I had her hair mainly down, with a litle pony tail to the side, because they were having pictures made.  Let's just say her arms got more of a workout than her legs because she was flipping her around telling all of the parents, "Look at my long, blonde hair.  Isn't it bootiful?  I have blonde hair just like my Daddy.  My Mommy and baby sister have brown hair.  But I have bootiful blonde hair."  Goodness Gracious.  And then when she got tired, she put her hand up to her forehead, a la Scarlett O'Hara (maybe we should have named her Scarlett, now that I think about it), proclaimed she was tired and has had a hard day (at 10am), and lied down the middle of the soccer field.  She did this several times.  It absolutely frustrates the fire out of RJ.  After practice, we had pictures made.  They stood up on a little block and held a soccer ball, and of course Caroline did her little pose with her chin tilted downward, looking over her shoulder and smiling.  This is the exact same pose for her playschool pictures at church.  And then they did the team picture, which she is the only girl on the team and of course the tallest kid on the team, so it was all of these little boys lined up and then Caroline posing and cheesing at the end.  Priceless.  When we asked her her favorite part of soccer, she said taking pictures.  People, we do not have an athlete of any sorts.

Saturday afternoon was family day with Merrill Lynch, so we met at a brewery downtown and then went to the Rockies Game.  All we can really say is that Caroline sure is a pistol.  She talked just about everyone's ear off that would listen, and talked just about everything.  The first thing she told RJ's boss was, "Hi, Mike.  I used the hand dryer in the bathroom at soccer this morning."  And RJ's boss is very nice, but he doesn't have kids.  Enough said.  And during the whole game, she kept getting right up in face, talking about this and that, waving a hotdog around, asking him if he wanted a bite of her hotdog, a bite of her snowcone, etc.  Then she said something I don't think I'll ever, ever forget:  "Mike, I have on big girl panties.  And they are blue with little froggies all over them!  They are just bootiful!"  Oh my word.  I was laughing so hard I had tears.  Needless to say, it was a memorable night!

Today has been pretty low-key.  I think our whole family is just exhausted.  That would explain the 3 hour nap we all took this afternoon.  I made some homemade eggless blueberry muffins this morning, which were great!  Then RJ opened his Father's Day cards and gifts and we just hung out around the house.  Late this afternoon we went to The Cheesecake Factory for an early dinner, then just walked around the mall.  It was a perfect Sunday and Father's Day!  Happy Father's Day to my wonderful Dad and my amazing husband who I admire so much as a person and a father.  We are so blessed.

a big hug for daddy!
a peony from our front yard...i have 17 blooms right now!
mommy and lilly catherine before the game.  she now loves to play with her tongue!

*Blogger pictures were not cooperating tonight.  So enjoy the scattered pictures!*

No comments: