Monday, October 18, 2010

18 Months

Today was a full day!  We started off the morning with Lilly Catherine's 18 month check-up.  I just can't believe she's already 18 months!  I look back at this time last year and think, "where did it go?!?"  But I think this is such a fun age for her.  She started walking shortly after 16 months, and boy did she catch on quickly.  Caroline started walking sooner (at 14 months), but Lilly Cate progressed much quicker.  She is full on running now and is much more confident than she should be!  (I will get to the falling story later.)  She seems to have gotten shorter and fatter since her last appointment...HA! 

-32.5 inches (75%)
-25 pounds, 11 ounces (75%)

I told the pediatrician she is our short little baby and he just laughed!

Other things that she is doing:

-She will ask for a drink, usually "mil" or "wa wa."

-She tells us when she is about to or has just gone poop..."poop, oop!"
(I can only hope she potty trains as well as her big sister!)

-She loves to dance.

-She loves to play dress-up.  This I am certain is due to the fact that Caroline changes princess outfits at least 3 times a day.  Lilly Cate doesn't want to feel left out anymore!  So she brings me a dress or starts screaming at me if she can't reach it.

-She says "thank you" and "excuse me" very regularly and correctly.  We are working on "please," but it is about 50/50 right now. 

-If she is not happy with something or wants something, she is not at all afraid to let you know.  At all.  Now, I know all kids go through screaming phases, especially around this age when they cannot communicate all of their wants/needs very well.  BUT...we are in a different screaming category than you could ever imagine.  It makes me want to cut off my ears.  I start sweating in the store.  You can hear her across the entire Target.  And outside.  That is the main reason we cannot fly with her right now.  Because flying is 3.5-4 hours of constant screaming at the top of her lungs.  It is honestly the most unnerving thing I have ever had to deal with as a parent.

-She also LOVES to color!  And is so cute sitting at the little art table.  She looks like such a big girl! 

-She is a climber.

-She is an ok eater.  (I say this because my point of reference is Caroline...the child who will eat absolutely anything and usually in massive quantities.)  She loves all fruits, broccoli, mac & cheese, cheese, yogurt, bread, and anything sweet.

-She adores her big sister.  And yet is equally annoyed with her at times.

-She really enjoys MDO. 

-She is quite the dichotomy between fiercly independent/aggressive and needy/cuddly.  It is crazy.  RJ and I go to bed many nights and wonder how a child can be so darn independent, STUBBORN, difficult, downright aggressive, screaming "NO," pulling Caroline's hair, pushing down boys at the play gym...and then as soon as you sit down she is crawling in your lap, laying her head down on you, cuddling, hugging, kissing, pulling on your pant leg to pick her up and hug her, and begging to be rocked and cuddled at night. 
Interesting little girl!  But boy, do I just adore her and love her beyond words.

That is all that I can think of right now!  But here are some pictures from tha last few weeks and a Halloween Party we went to last Friday!

upset at the playground...
 pushing caroline on the swing :)
 they fight over this stroller several times a day.  usually the stroller ends up in time-out.  hopefully santa will bring us another one this year!
 walking around in her slippers, showing off her craft!
 at the children's museum...our little pumpkin :)
 in the grocery store at the children's museum.  it was like a little whole foods!
 ready for the halloween party!


 hmmm...this look scares me...


No comments: