Sunday, January 9, 2011

33 Weeks

Today I am 33 weeks pregnant!  At times I feel like it is so close and 7 weeks isn't that long, especially considering all of the stuff I still have to do...the house still isn't back to our chaotic "normal" from Christmas;  Lilly Catherine's new crib to go in Caroline's room (which is shipping from Bellini in Charlotte), isn't here and when it does get here in the next week or so there's the whole issue of putting it together and rearranging the girls' room; I just ordered Renn's curtains, letters, pillows, etc. for his room this past Thursday and it will take about 6 weeks to get here; I haven't washed a single thing for him!; the bassinette is still in the basement with bedding that hasn't been washed; you get the idea.  I am basically making it from day to day doing the "daily" things and not really making much progress on the "big picture" of us having another baby here in 7 weeks.  And all of my friends think he'll come early just because I don't have a thing ready :)

And then some days 7 weeks feels like an eternity.  Each.day.drags.on.and.on.and.on.  And the restless nights that are creeping in are not helping...

I had my 32 weeks appointment last Tuesday and everything looks good.  Although my cervix is starting to change, which my doctor is a little concerned about, especially since the whole reason I've had two c-sections is I never dilated past a 3 with Caroline...with pitocin.  So we will see how that goes over the next few weeks.  Heartbeat is still in the 140-150 range, BP is good, and I am measuring right on track.  And no weight gain this last week!  Of course I more than made up for it over Christmas :)

We (read:  I) have decided to reuse Caroline's bedding for Renn's room since it is so pretty and neutral.  I went to this wonderful baby store in Cherry Creek Thursday when both of the girls were in school and found some coordinating blue things along with some fabric that just matches perfectly.  We will have curtains and a few accent pillows made from this fabric (the stripe).  I also found the blue polka dot sheet which I just thought was so cute.  And the large frames (2 blue and 1 green) are going to have baby animal silhouettes in the them and hang above the changing table.  I also ordered some brown star hangers for the white letters with blue ribbon.  So I got a lot of stuff, I just have to wait for everything to come in, which will probably be the day he arrives ;)




1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm jealous of your decorating skills! I can't wait to see pictures of the whole room when you get it decorated. But take your time!