Sunday, April 17, 2011

2 Years, 2 Months and Visit

This has been a busy week for us! 

My parents came to visit Wednesday, we had Lilly Cate's 2nd Birthday and Renn is now 2 months old!  This was my dad's first time meeting Renn and seeing everyone since Christmas, so we were very excited for him to come out and visit.  Thursday the girls had school and my mom and I had a chance to get out with just Renn and go to the mall and have lunch...it was as close to it being just the two of us as it gets these days!  Friday we spent the afternoon hanging out around the house getting ready for Lilly Cate's party.  I was going back and forth about even having a party with friends this year...it was just a lot.  Having parents out.  Just had a baby.  The house is crazy.  Making 3 different kinds of cupcakes and frosting.  Decorating.  But I'm glad we did it.  At this age, it is just as much a party for the moms to get together as it is for the kids.  Although Lilly Cate was not really in to her party.  She is a funny little girl...most of the time she just sat with mom and dad in the living room, eating popcorn and drinking apple juice in her little green chair.  Didn't play much with the other kids or outside.  Just sat around and ate by herself!  HA :)  But when she was blowing out her candles and eating her cupcake she said "Thank you, Mommy" and that was all I needed.  Actually, Caroline said thank you first and then Lilly Cate...I tell you,  those girls are so sweet :) 

We  have two doctor's appointments tomorrow -- Renn's 2 month and Lilly Cate's 2 year.  I will post their "stats" afterwards since this blog has basically become a baby book of sorts.

On a separate note -- it is a much slower recovery after the third baby.  I'm not sure if it is the third c-section, the third baby in 3.5 years, or that I am now 30 (probably a combination), but my body is just taking its time getting back into things.  It has been 8 weeks and I feel like I am still moving slowly.  I just started walking and light excerises this past week, so hopefully that will get me going!  I can also feel knots under my c-section scar and am just generally more sore this time around.  I guess that is part of the process, but I'm not sure if my body can handle a 4th pregnancy! 

Other than that, we are all doing well around here and looking forward to going back to NC the end of May and early June.  The girls are already begging to go to the beach!  I just hate that we only get to go back once, maybe twice a year if we're lucky.  And now we have to buy at least 4 tickets...ouch! 

 Anyways, here are a few pictures of Lilly Cate's cupcake party, Renn, and my parents' visit!
























No comments: