Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Oh My...Time is Flying By!

Renn is 3 months old today!

I already have very mixed emotions...

I am so excited that he is now a baby and not a newborn (although I love the newborn phase!)...he is smiling all the time and it fills me with pure joy.  He is such a happy baby and his smile really is infectious; it takes up his whole face!

But I am also a little sad because I know how incredibly fast this year is going to go.  And the fact that this is most likely our last baby just makes it more emotional for me.

About Renn:

-Like I said before, he is smiling a lot!

-He tries so hard to laugh, especially when you tickle his belly.  He almost gets it out and then just sighs.  Adorable!

-He wears size 6 month clothing on average.  There are a few things that are 6-9 months that he is wearing.  Like the girls, he is long, especially in his torso.

-He eats about every 3 hours during the day.  At night he has been sleeping 8-9 hours, eating for 20 minutes or so, then going back to sleep for about 2-3 hours.

-He still nurses for a long time.  About 30-40 minutes.  This is sometimes hard during the day with a 3.5 year old and 2 year old always into something.  Needless to say, they now each have favorite shows to watch -- Little Einsteins, Mickey Mouse and of course, Cars.

-His hair is turning lighter.  I'm not convinced that he will be blonde like Caroline because his eyebrows still look darker.  But maybe a lighter brown like Lilly Cate's?

-He wears size 2 diapers.

-He has big feet.

-He already has beautiful long lashes and of course big blue eyes.  They are still a darker blue but are lighter around middle. 

-He acts like he tolerates bath time.  He doesn't love it yet.

-He naps about 3-4 times a day, usually at least once in his carseat because we are gone most mornings.

-Still dealing with spit-up issues.  Still on the zantac.  Still on the gas meds.





2 comments:

Liz said...

LOVE the photos and LOVE the updates! So glad y'all had a good time in NC. Miss y'all! xoxo!

Susan and Ethan Peterson said...

Katie- first let me say he is PRECIOUS and I love the pictures. Second, keep an eye on his weight and Zantac. Might be time to either up the dose or switch to prevacid. Hang in there mama!