Tuesday, August 23, 2011

6 Months!

I can't believe I'm already writing this...

Happy 6 Months, Renn!!!

To say that these last 6 months have flown by is an understatement.  I pretty much don't remember March or April.  At least not specifically.  I love the feeling of having a newborn, little baby to snuggle with.  Don't get me wrong, we still snuggle, but he doesn't really like to sleep while I'm holding him anymore.  I would prop up on my pillows in bed and just hold him and sleep for a while after nursing.  So sweet.  So content.  

Now he is moving all over the place, getting his own little personality and discovering new things daily.  He is such a joy.

At 6 months:

-still nursing, although it has decreased some because we have started cereal and stage 1/2 foods.  He nurses about 5-6 times a day.

-eating food!  This little boy LOVES to eat.  His first cereal was a few days after he turned 5 months old and he loved it.  (Lilly Cate never really ate cereal.  She just spit it out.  Caroline was somewhere in the middle.)  He doesn't miss any of it.  There have been several times when RJ has fed him and forgets to put a bib on and you can't even tell that he's just eaten.  He has started eating 2 servings a day, one around lunch and one around dinner.  He enjoys everything he's had so far:  sweet potatoes, carrots, apples and bananas.

-wearing size 3 diapers.

-wearing size 6-12 month or 9 month clothing, just depending on the brand.  He is quickly outgrowing his 9 month footed jammies and we will be making a trip down the outlets for fall soon.

-has big feet.  Usually wears 12-24 month socks.

-loves his sisters!  He is always laughing at them and bless their little hearts, they try so hard to entertain him!  While they are both very loving and gentle, I see a special bond between him and Lilly Cate.  I can't explain it, it's just the way she looks after him and loves him, and the way he looks at her.  Caroline is there for pure entertainment :)

-loving the exersaucer.  LOVES it!  The last few days he has figured out how to bounce up and down.  I'm so glad he likes it because Lilly Cate wouldn't go near the thing...sometimes I just need some time not holding a baby and we can eat dinner while he's happy!

-rolling all over the place.  He isn't quite rolling all over the house, but when you put him down to play on a blanket he ends up somewhere else.

-pushing up on his knees and elbows from his tummy.  This is exciting for us, as the girls never did this or crawled.  Maybe we will have a crawler?!

-sucks his right thumb.

-so far isn't attached to a lovey.  Although he does have one teething toy that he loves and soothes him when he's upset.

-starting to sit up in the tri-pod, but not sitting up unassisted yet.

-loves to walk around and be held by his daddy.  I just love to see my boys together.  There is nothing cuter than seeing a big 6'6" guy holding and kissing a little baby.

We are also dealing with ear infections.  His first was in mid-July at 5 months and now we are on the second a month later.  We have an appointment with our ENT in two weeks and will discuss options then. 

I am begging time to slow down, but also so excited to see our little man grow!  With back-to-school for the girls, fall and then the holidays, this time of year always goes so quickly and I know I will be baking him a birthday cake before I know it!

Stats:

-17 pounds, 1 ounce (50%)
-27.5 inches (90%)

He has dropped from the 75% to the 50% in weight since his 4 month appointment, which I was a little concerned about.  But the doctor said not to worry too much, he is still gaining weight.  The doctor said it is because he has had the two ear infections, in both ears and then the second round of antibiotics really upset his tummy :(  Poor little man, I actually just stopped the medicine over the weekend because he was in so much pain and had the worst diapers ever.  Hopefully we are on the mend now!

No comments: