Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Mortified

(That was a little 4 month break from blogging that was unexpected.  And unintended.  Not that I blogged all that much to begin with.)
 
Today, I had a major mortifying mom moment.  In where else?  Target.
 
I just had Lilly Cate and Renn with me.  And while I generally try to not take Renn into public places like stores right now without some form of back-up or assistance (i.e. RJ or my  mom), I kinda had to get some milk.  And a baby toothbrush.  And a pumpkin spice latte.  So we stopped in the Starbucks in the store first, with Renn in his stroller, to get a little snack to occupy them for the whole other two items I had to get in the store.  (Yes, that is necessary in the store for Renn.)  I let Lilly Cate pick out her snack and she chose vanillla milk and pumpkin bread.  So she got her stuff and picked out a table while I was waiting for my third cup of coffee of the morning.  She took a sip of her milk and started flipping out.  She immediately ran over and threw the whole thing in the trash and started crying and yelling that she wanted a different drink.  (Oh no...here we go.)  I calmly told her that she got to choose her drink and that I was not buying another drink at the store.  So then she started yelling and crying even louder, "I want anover dwink!!!"  I sat down in a chair with my back to her, Renn facing me, and sipped my coffee while trying to ignore her.  Y'all, it is hard to play it cool in a store when your kid is flipping out.  So I continued to sit there (check me out, with my Love and Logic class!) prepped my oatmeal, talked to Renn, played with his cars, enjoyed my drink.  Then in the midst of screaming for a "diffwent dwink" I heard the word "pants."  Hmm, that caught my attention so I turned around...child had pulled her pants and underwear down and was stomping around the store with her naked butt and crying.  Good lawd.  I had no words.  Oh, and she had on cowboy boots.  Oh, and there was a huge line at this point.  Honestly, as I bent over to pull up her pants, I had to hold it together to not bust out laughing.  How bad/immature is that of me?!  Needless to say, she had my attention.  I gathered all of our stuff and made a dash to the back for the milk while she lingered about 20 feet behind me the whole time, screaming, yelling, crying over her "dwink."  Thankfully, with her pants up.
 
Well played Lilly Cate.
 


1 comment:

Susan and Ethan Peterson said...

OMG. Thank you for that laugh! I hope to not have one to share like that someday...but then again Mackensy never ceases to amaze me :)