Friday, December 12, 2008

40 Weeks on Calendar

So I just got out my new calendar for 2009 and marked the ob appointments I have scheduled so far. I have through 32 weeks right now. I have marked every week of pregnancy on the calendar so far and it is just weird to see that I am more than half way done with this pregnancy! I'm sure that January and February will drag by since I will be snowed in (hope not!) but it just seems like everything is moving so quickly. I know that before we know it we will be holding our new little baby. That is so hard to imagine! I guess because I expect the experience to be like it was with Caroline but I know it will be different. First of all, most likely a planned c-section! It is also hard to imagine moving out the furniture in the guest room for another nursery. It just seems bizarre to think of having another little baby and it not being my Caroline. It kind of makes me sad in a way. The evening of our 20 week ultrasound (a week ago today) I totally lost it, crying to RJ. I just can't believe how much our Caroline is growing, developing, exploring, and changing. Don't get me wrong, they are all good, wonderful changes, but still changes. We are so proud of her -- can you tell?! :) She is such a joy and part of me is sad that I will have to pay her less attention. Is that a normal feeling? I feel like Caroline is so special and such an interesting little person that she deserves all of my attention. How will I cope with a new little baby that literally depends on me entirely for the first months of life? It will be an interesting dynamic for sure...RJ thinks that Caroline will be a wonderful big sister. And I do too -- at some point. I hope it is sooner rather than later. She loves to be helpful around the house and involved (she will drag the swiffer out of the closet when I am cleaning the kitchen and try to sweep). Although I also know that she is easily overwhelmed with a lot of noise and people. Yesterday, for example. And this is an extreme example: we met some friends at an indoor play gym called Little Monkey Business. It was a freakin' zoo! I was even overwhelmed, much less Caroline. At least Gymboree is limited to like 8 kids a class. Which I love by the way! This was a free for all, survival of the fittest. As soon as we went in, Caroline started getting upset and going for the door. I had to take her over to the "under 2" section where it was less crazy and hold her in my lap for a few minutes for her to get adjusted. She finally played a little bit, but definitely did not enjoy herself. And when like 10 other kiddies started coming in to play, she wanted out asap! That is really off topic, but I thought I'd share. Not to mention the germs!!! There were little bits of cookie on the floor and I thought I would just die! I guess she just has her comfort zones and a million kids jumping off tree houses isn't one of them. Or mine! I told my friend it was stressing me out, I had to leave :)

No comments: