Thursday, December 4, 2008

If I can't get to my appointment tomorrow because of snow...

I will be pissed!!! It has been snowing here all day and is expected to continue into the night. I just called the ob's office and asked about any weather-related rescheduling. I had to explain that I have never spent a winter in Colorado and am not sure of protocol. I felt stupid. I should have said, "what do I know about snow, I'm from the South?" Although we got snow in Asheville (especially when I was growing up), the entire county shut down with anything more than an inch. Out here, it is just life. That part I'm not accustomed to yet. It doesn't help that my car -- yes, my large, gas-guzzling, mommy mobile of a tank -- does not have 4-wheel drive. We got this car when we first moved to TX and RJ assured me we would be there at least 3 years (ha!). First of all, it doesn't snow in TX. Secondly, they don't really sell 4-wheel drive vehicles unless you are buying an F-350 dual, extended cab for farming. (That kind of truck probably doesn't even exist. I just thought of all the truck terminology I know of and threw it in a sentence. Shows you how much I know about trucks. Native Texans probably do this as well, except with topics other than trucks. That is serious business...George Bush has perpetuated the stigma of TX.)

So we better be able to go tomorrow! I am so curious to find out and I think RJ is about to bust. He was actually counting down the hours yesterday. Plus if we have to reschedule there's no telling when we'll get in again. And I have a dermatology appointment right after to get all of my doctors' visits out of the way while RJ can watch Caroline. Must be nice to have a babysitter/nanny/parents close. We have no idea what that is like.

No comments: