Friday, December 5, 2008

Another Girl!

To reiterate for the 100th time, we had our 20 week appointment today and the snow was not a hindrance. Of course they save the big gender shot until the end of the ultrasound so the anticipation was killing us! Caroline was such a good little girl and sat in the chair with RJ beside her, holding his hand :) Luckily she (the baby in my belly - I guess I will have to clarify from now on) was relatively still in the beginning and we were able to get a very detailed look at the heart. I swear our ultrasound with Caroline was not this detailed and long. Everything looks really good, very healthy. She was overall measuring right on for her due date of April 21, but the technician did comment that she has long arms and legs -- go figure! She said she was curious to see how she grows over the next 4 months. The technician also commented earlier in the ultrasound (before we knew it was a girl) that the baby has very full lips. RJ said at that point he knew it was a girl :) At the end the technician was looking between the legs and asked us what we saw and RJ said "I see something" but she said that was the umbilical cord. Once she moved the wand around where that wasn't in the picture, there was not a thing in sight between those little legs. Just like Caroline, spread eagle for us to see a very clear picture! She was very active with her arms and legs during the appointment (it took about an hour and was very thorough, I love this office!) and I have been noticing more and stronger movements this week. Her feet are very, very low and the technician could barely get a picture of them. She even said, "I can't go any lower!" I guess that's why I'm carrying and showing lower so far than I did with Caroline...She also had the hiccups which was really cute :) I swear Caroline had them the entire last 2 months I was pregnant with her. Once they get larger and you can actually feel the hiccups it is such a strange feeling. We are just very thankful that everything looks great and healthy with our baby! I am so excited to have 2 little girls and dress them alike :) I think RJ was a bit stunned (as was everyone else) but hopefully he will get used to the idea of being completely adored and loved by 3 beautiful girls! I would just like to point out that my gut feeling has been a girl -- that's all I'm going to say about it. I guess RJ will have to start talking seriously about girl names now. I have a favorite picked out right now, but we'll see if it is still the leader in April.

No comments: