
So we went to the dentist yesterday. It went just as I suspected, maybe a little worse. When the dental assistant called our name Caroline just looked at her and then started walking the opposite direction. It didn't help that the lady had on all purple and looked like a slightly scarier version of Barney. We got in the room and I held her in the chair and we both leaned back in the chair so she could look at Caroline's teeth. She was flailing all over the place -- very bad. Another girl had to come in and hold Caroline down. Yikes! Luckily everything looks good, normal -- teeth, gums, bite, etc. We go back in 6 months. I think RJ can take her next time :)
Caroline has also started doing more cute things. I mean, she does cute things all the time and does/says something new everyday, but certain things just stick out in my mind. I may have mentioned this one earlier but it is so darn cute: she spins in circles then tries to take off running. Inevitably falling down, laughing. I absolutely love her laugh -- it makes me so happy! She has also started picking things up (usually trash worthy) and putting them in the trash can. Luckily it's usually pieces of paper near my desk and she discriminates and doesn't put everything in the trash. It is really cute though, and she is so proud if you give her something to go put in the trash can and she opens the lid, puts it in, and closes the lid. She actually loves doing any "task" that you give her. She just smiles away! And the new thing...saying "oops." The other day I dropped something and said oops and she got a total kick out of it. I think part of it is that I exaggerate the "o" face...so she kept dropping an ornament in the floor and I would say oops and she figured out what it means. Now it is all the time! Again, luckily she doesn't just throw stuff in the floor, etc. But if something falls, she drops something, etc. she says "ooooopssss"...really long o sound and little p and long s. Very cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment