Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Oven is HOT


Caroline has never really tried to touch the oven, especially when it is open. She does, however, like to look at her reflection when we are not using it during the day. So yesterday I was cooking something and opened the oven and Caroline stood beside me and behind me a few steps, put her hand up in the air and said "hot, hot!" It was soooo cute! I was so proud, I called RJ immediately :) She also puts her hand right above her food before she eats to see if it's hot. If not, she grabs a big handful. If so (such as her oatmeal in the morning), she waits for a few minutes. It's just weird that she knows these kinds of things because we don't really talk about them a lot or "practice" anything like it -- i.e. seeing if our food it hot. Good for her!

She also has started (several days ago) saying "ho, ho, ho" when she sees a picture, ornament, anything with Santa on it. We are wondering if she would do better with Santa now that she is more familiar with him. RJ is up for another try but I'm not sure that I am. Maybe we can try this weekend -- that can be her birthday gift to me :)

We also moved up a level in Gymboree today. I was a little nervous because this class goes up to almost 2 years old. We had been warned that it can be a little crazy with overly ambitious kids running around, not really aware of each other. I was also afraid that Caroline would be the smallest one in there. Um, no. Not a problem. She was running all over the place and she loves to climb onto, into everything. She loves this little soft rocking horse they have there and I think I'm going to have to break down and get her one for Christmas. We've gotten her a little plastic one but I think she likes the fluffy ones better. They have them at Pottery Barn Kids and are too cute! She always wants to play on them. Yes, I am very well known at the PBK (by the manager), for my frequent shopping and the huge spectacle I made in the store a few months ago. I actually saw the manager out and about one day and she said, "Hey, Katie" -- I recognized her but it took a second to figure out who she was. Isn't that pathetic?! As RJ says, I can really create a scene and I'm naturally loud ;)

This post has gotten really off topic.


No comments: