We went to Babies R Us yesterday, specifically looking for the refills for Caroline's diaper can. Caroline had fallen asleep in the car, so I just ran in by myself. I was so excited -- that never happens!!! I had such a good time looking at all of the baby stuff again, just like RJ and I had done about 2 years ago. Although not quite as overwhelmed :) I picked up an extra bouncy seat to keep downstairs -- it was on sale and I figured I'd go ahead and get it. They actually had tons of stuff on sale, but I was good. I did get 2 little outfits, one to bring her home in. It is so cute! Very simple, just white pants and jacket (last April it was still snowing here) with a little bear in the corner. I was so distracted! RJ came in with Caroline and was like, "you've been in here for 45 mintues." Oops...
So I also got distracted by all of the first time moms in there registering for stuff. They went around the entire store, scanning everything. Especially these 2 friends that were in there scanning together. I know this sounds crazy, but it made me sad :( Although we registered for a few things with Caroline, we never had a shower. My mom was wonderful and came out for a week in April and we finished getting stuff for the nursery, a car seat, stroller, etc. And our immediate family sent us a few things (which I am very thankful for), but we never really got to celebrate the pregnancy or Caroline's arrival. We had been in TX a whole 3 months when she was born. And though we will have been here almost exactly a year and have made some friends, it is my second baby (and girl), so a shower is not going to happen this time either. I don't know why it is such a big deal to me, it was with Caroline as well. Actually, I was really upset about not having a shower with Caroline, if I'm being totally honest. It's not even about getting stuff, I just want people to celebrate this time with us. I was very lonely and depressed (which is probably why I had postpartum so badly) when we moved to Ft. Worth. And I just feel like we missed out on a lot of the typical baby celebrations.
No comments:
Post a Comment