Thursday, January 15, 2009

Doctor's Visit Today





I had an unplanned visit to the doctor today. The last 2 days the contractions have been getting stronger and several have been hard enough to where I can't move very well. And...Caroline kicked me so hard in the stomach this morning that it brought tears to my eyes. I thought I would go ahead and call the nurse, and she is very reassuring and understanding. She suggested I just pop in to get the heartbeat on the baby and talk with Dr. Grover about the contractions. He went ahead and checked my cervix (which is not dialated), but decided to go ahead and do a test to make sure I'm not likely to have pre-term labor within the next few weeks. I should hear back about that this afternoon or tomorrow. I am 26 weeks and 2 days, and I am measuring at almost 30 weeks. Hmmm...that's interesting. There is no way my dates can be off by that much, I mean, I did have a cycle. We'll see. I go back a week from Monday and then start going every 2 weeks.

I am so glad tomorrow is Friday! (Even if RJ does work on Saturdays...and he has Monday off!)

No comments: