Friday, February 27, 2009

Crying It Out...


We have had some great weather lately, so we are taking advantage. Our adorable, wonderful, sweet little girl :)



I think I'm the one who is going to be crying!!!

Caroline has been a very poor napper for the last week or so...and I really can't take it anymore! Everyday this week, except for Monday, she has napped for an hour or less. This is just not working for us. She gets overly exhausted during the afternoon and cranky, and I am right behind her! I am not sleeping so great and I have got to have some down time during the day. And more than 30-45 minutes. She has gotten in a bad habit of throwing her lovies over the side of the crib as soon as you put her in the crib and leave the room. NOT GOOD. So, we go back in, give them to her, etc. This has got to stop. So this afternoon, after a whole week of no naps, I had to let her cry it out, without a lovey, and without me going back in. IT BREAKS MY HEART!!! She screamed for about 30 minutes and is now lying down. X (those are my fingers crossed that she is sleeping). Who knows how long it will last, but hopefully we will break the cycle. The last time this happened was October, as a result of chronic ear infections. I don't believe anything like that is the case this time. Although the poor sleeping patterns started the night of the accident...but I am not going to talk about that on here. For legal purposes.

Other than that, things are going pretty well. I am 32 weeks and 3 days! I can't believe it! In a little over 6 weeks we will be holding our little baby girl :) I am definitely feeling more pregnant by the day. I had a check-up on Wednesday and everything went well. I am still having a lot of pressure in my pelvic region and lower back, so they did another test to check and make sure I am not at risk for pre-term labor within the next 2 weeks. Let me tell you, that test is not fun! Especially with Caroline crying in her stroller and trying to jump out of it... Of course the 2 appointments RJ has missed have been these lovely tests of the cervix and Caroline has freaked out both times. I can't blame her -- I hate them too!

The nursery is coming along well, although I am still looking for a mirror (I think I found one online that will work, I just need to measure and make sure). The ballerina prints should be here within the next week or so, and I am expecting the curtains to be ready any day. I will be excited to get those! I also started washing little bitty baby clothes today to go ahead and put in the drawers. They are so cute :) I have also sorted through Caroline's old stuff (although it was already stored by size/month), and will wash those next.

RJ brought up the bassinett from the basement the other weekend and we are going to bring up the swing and other stuff this weekend just to go ahead and wash all of the bedding and covers.

Getting everything ready makes me even more excited to meet this little girl!!! Still no name decisions...

No comments: