Friday, March 20, 2009
35 Week L & D Visit
Wednesday and Thursday were very, very long... On Wednesday evening I started having some lower abdominal cramping and then had some bleeding. I waited about an hour and there wasn't any more (there wasn't a lot to begin with) and decided to call the doctor on call just to make sure that everything was ok. I have heard that sometimes this happens when you lose the mucus plug, although I didn't have it with Caroline, so I don't really know from experience. It was about 9:00 pm when I called the doctor and they wanted me to come in to L & D at the hospital just to get checked...ugh. And the doctor on call is not my favorite in the practice. Caroline was already sleeping and RJ and I were both ready for bed. So I left them here and went to get checked. I was hooked up to the monitors for several hours and checked (no dialation yet, thank goodness!!!). So, I got home around 2 am or so. The doctor has told me several times that I need to rest more during the day (I have had lots of pressure the last few weeks), but HELLO!!! I have a 20 month old that needs my attention! Although I must say that she is very good about entertaining herself and playing independently of me. (Let's hope that continues). Everything looks good with the baby and the heartrate and movement were both fine. However, it is making me go ahead and get things ready in case I do have the baby early. Several people have said they think I will go before my induction date of April 14 (39 weeks). I am going to finish washing the baby clothes and pack a bag for the hospital just in case!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment