Saturday, March 21, 2009

Caroline Update

I feel like I haven't written about our little Caroline in quite some time. She is growing so much and changing it seems daily. She is very verbal, although not all of her sounds are "words." She is adding to her vocabulary all the time and it is fun to communicate with her! Here are a few things she has started doing over the last few days/weeks:

- She is working on her colors. The other day she picked up her bear and said "yellow." It was so cute! I am so proud that she is learning colors :) And yes, the bear is actually yellow.

- She loves to get under the big blanket in the living room and sing twinkle twinkle little star while opening her hands like a pac man for the twinkle twinkle part. We learned this at gymboree and she loves it! She loves to "sing!"

- She is starting to talk some on the phone with RJ while he is at work. She says "hello" or "hi" and he will ask her to make animal noises on the phone and she does...she gets so excited!

- When someone sneezes she says "bless." It is so cute. She does it for RJ and me all the time and she has just started saying it to people out and about.

- She loves to HIDE!!! She hides behind the curtains, the toilet, the potted plant in the sunroom, the closet, anywhere she can think of!

- She knows how to march. When you ask her to march she looks like a little solider and is so proud of herself.

- When you pick her up she says "got ya!" It is so cute :) We say that to her when we are chasing her around the house and now she says it whenever we pick her up or if she runs up and hugs us.

- She can almost say "I love you." It sounds more like "I lo lo" right now, but we understand her and she gets it. The other day, out of nowhere, she came running up to me and said "I lo lo" and gave me a kiss -- melted my heart :)

- She now says "mommy" instead of mama and it is pretty adorable.

No comments: