Wednesday, March 25, 2009

36 Weeks

Today I am 36 weeks pregnant and go in for a check-up. I am curious to see how things are moving along and it is always fun to hear the heartbeat, check measurements, etc. I can't believe it is 3 weeks from today!!! I start going every week from now on.

I am having my shower this Saturday, which I am excited yet also nervous about. I hate opening gifts in front of people - I'm not usually very good at hiding my initial reaction. As my dad says, I have no poker face :) RJ is also really bad at opening gifts. Although his reaction is usually no reaction to everything, just in case it's horrible it won't show. So I guess he has a really awesome poker face. If that makes any sense. Why am I talking about this?!?

We went to Michael's this morning to get a few things for RJ's birthday celebration this weekend and Caroline started having a total meltdown. Luckily there weren't many people in the store, but it's still kind annoying. His birthday is technically Sunday, but we are going to surprise him with a cake/birthday banner on Friday. I think he is a little bummed that the shower is on his birthday weekend :( I am going to try my hand at a more elaborate cake and also test a recipe for eggless chocolate cake. I absolutely hate eating things in front of Caroline that she can't have! And she is very aware of any food around her and gets incredibly upset if you don't share. I can't say I blame her. Maybe that's why she is wearing 3T clothing at 20 months?!? :) Of course, she also comes from big stock...

No comments: