Sunday, April 19, 2009

Lilly Catherine is Here :)





Lilly Catherine arrived on Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 12:53pm. She was 6 pounds, 10 ounces and 19 inches, and her head was 14. She is such a tiny little girl!!! I know Caroline was once very small herself, but I can't believe how skinny her little legs are! I was so beyond nervous the morning of the c-section, but everything went very well. It is just very difficult recovering from surgery while caring for a newborn and toddler. Luckily mom and RJ have been containing Caroline! We got home Friday around lunchtime, just before we got 21 inches of snow!!! True Colorado fashion, Lilly is our Easter baby, coming home in a blizzard :) So far things have been going pretty well. We are nursing, which Lilly seems to being doing well with. We are also supplementing with a bottle once in a while just so I can get a break and make sure she is getting enough until my milk is definitely "in." Although I think it arrived today. The last 2 nights at home have been interesting. Lilly seems to like to be awake from about 12-2, ugh...But I feel like I can't complain too much. We got about 5 hours in a row the first night, and 2 3-hour and 1 2-hour shifts last night. And Caroline seems to be adjusting quite well. She can actually say "Lilly" which makes it extra cute and she is very interested in her. Not so much jealousy (yet), just curious. And she hasn't poked her eyes out yet, so I consider that a successful start!

No comments: