Saturday, July 4, 2009

Cute Things


Picking blueberries
Matching outfits
Bed time!
2nd Birthday Party with the family

Running in the birthday dress

Nana and Lilly Catherine
(these pics wouldn't upload to the previous post)

There are so many things I absolutely adore about our girls! As difficult as the "terrible 2's" are, it is also so much fun :) Caroline is just saying and doing new things every day. We went out to Lil Ricci's last night and we ordered Caroline spaghetti with red sauce. So everytime she saw a waitress (whether it was ours or not), she said, "more red sauce please." It was so cute! And she is just understanding things so much more now. She likes to fake sneeze and burp, then say "excuse me" and LOVES TO SING! Oh my...she wakes up singing these days. And she concentrates so hard, she even closes her eyes and tilts her head back :) She started this at mom and dad's, except she would play the piano and sing at the same time. I mean, does it get much cuter than that?!? And she will be running around the house, suddenly stop, and start singing at the top of her lungs. Sometimes it sounds so bad I just laugh and tell her what a good job she is doing. And she is really understanding that when she says "please" in her cute little voice she gets just about anything she wants. But that's ok by me, at least for now. She has also learned the word "mine" very well - we'll have to wait until Lilly Catherine gets a little older for a lesson in that ;) She also loves to pretend cook, so I think we are going to Toys R Us tomorrow to get her a play kitchen...she says "I cook" all the time and wants to cook so badly. We are also going to get her a learning tower so she can help me out in the kitchen. When she drops something, spills something, knocks stuff over, etc. she says, "mommy, a mess!" (As if I couldn't tell!) She has also gotten really good at putting her socks and shoes on by herself, most of the time on the right feet. And she gives the sweetest kisses - it just makes me melt.

Lilly Catherine is definitely entering the "baby phase," as opposed to the "newborn phase." She is so adorable!!! And she has already changed so much. It is hard to believe that she is 11 weeks old now. Her face has changed a lot; it is much fuller and she has a little double chin. Caroline had the huge Richard Nixon cheeks, not so much on the chin. Lilly has the chin so far. And she is just the happiest baby I have ever seen. Caroline was a WONDERFUL baby, but we think Lilly Catherine might be even better! Do we stop now and count our blessings, or go for the third?!?! We'll see... Anyways...I love how when I start talking to her while she is in the swing or on her mat she looks to find me and starts smiling immediately. And how she loves to have her face and head touched. If she if fussy (which isn't too often), I just hold her close and rub her forehead and she quiets down. Either that or just hand her to RJ for the football hold and she is in heaven with him! She loves to just look around and smile, and is noticing more things...like Caroline! They have really started to look, stare and smile at each other, which is so sweet. I love having my girls!!! She is also still sleeping from 10-7 :)

No comments: