Friday, July 3, 2009
Trip to Asheville
We got in last night from our trip to Asheville and had a GREAT time!!! We had a huge family reunion with my mom's side of the family with some people I have never even met and cousins I haven't seen in years. It was amazing to see everyone and catch up over the last 10 years or so! Adele and Niko also came down from NYC and we were all at mom and dad's for the week. Caroline and Niko got along great! They are so cute together! And I love seeing Caroline with all of her cousins - they are so cute :) They hugged on each other the whole time. Caroline can't really say Niko's name, so he became "neet-nu" for the week. And Niko called Caroline "carloline" - too precious! We of course visited with Neil's family as much as possible and RJ's mom and dad came to visit as well. RJ's dad hasn't seen Caroline since last summer and of course everyone got to meet Lilly Catherine for the first time! We also celebrated Caroline's 2nd birthday a little early with a cake (eggless chocolate with sprinkles!) and ice cream party. Caroline definitely understood the whole birthday thing better this year and knew that cake was for her! Now everytime she sees a cake she starts singing Happy Birthday! And her vocabulary has grown SO MUCH in the last few weeks! She has lots and lots of words, is putting together sentences and repeats pretty much everything! (I'm not sure if this is good or bad, but it sure is cute!) Mom took us (me, RJ, Caroline and Lilly Catherine) blueberry picking while we were there and we got some adorable pictures of Caroline picking and eating blueberries. She loves them! And Lilly Catherine is growing so much. I just can't believe it...she is such a doll and the sweetest baby. I just love them both so much it is hard to comprehend. You never really understand the love for a child until you have one. It is endless and unconditional and the most amazing feeling. Lilly has been sleeping really well, last night she slept from 10pm-7am, so I am very happy about that! We are exhausted from our trip, but had such a good time with all of our family. We will be heading back in October for my 10 year high school reunion! I need to start getting into some kind of shape immediately!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment