Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Lilly Catherine enjoying maple teething biscuits!

Cheese ;)

Our spread: turkey, roasted veggies, mac and cheese, individual sweet potato gratin, asparagus, stuffing, carrot coconut cake, and a pumpkin pie!

close up of the sweet taters!
sweet Caroline helping with the mac and cheese -- it was delicious! with 12 oz. of gruyere and 8 oz. of white cheddar, how could it not be?!?

We have had a nice Thanksgiving holiday, although a little tiring. RJ only got Thursday off, so that's a bit of a bummer. But, at least he will have the whole week of Christmas off!

It was just the four of us this year; our first holiday without any family visiting. It was a little sad to be honest. It didn't really feel like Thanksgiving. However...I still did the whole turkey dinner thing. Do not ask me why. I don't know. I cooked literally the whole day and was completely exhausted. (Partly because Lilly Catherine had been up all night, but more on that later.)

No comments: