Monday, January 25, 2010

Tessa



This is Tessa.
She is a goldendoodle puppy, about 8 weeks old. While my parents were out here at Christmas, my mom and I went to look at her and thought she was just the cutest thing! And obviously she still is. We went to pick her up yesterday and Caroline was so excited! We had been getting things ready for her the whole weekend and Caroline loved going to the pet store to pick out toys, a bed, collar, etc. And yesterday she was THRILLED :)
However...
Tessa scratched Caroline last night before bed. Not.Good. Caroline is now afraid of Tessa and not a big fan. yikes. We got her with the agreement with my mom that we would "see how things go with a puppy." And if it doesn't work out, mom will take her home. Well...things aren't going so great now. Caroline is fine if I am holding Tessa, but as soon as I put her down, Caroline is running, crying from her, climbing up on the sofa so she can't reach her, climbing up in her tot tower, climbing up on ME, etc. So that is a problem. I can't just hold Tessa, and I can't put her in a crate all day. And I can't have Caroline flipping out, crying everytime Tessa is out. I was hoping she (Caroline) would react better this morning -- NOPE. I was hoping she would be better after playschool this afternoon -- NOPE. So...unless things change dramatically soon, cute little Tessa bear is going to live with Nana and Papa. (I think my mom is excited :))

No comments: