Somehow we managed to make it 2 1/2 years without a baby throwing up. I guess that in itself is amazing! I have always been terrified of the thought of a baby vomiting. I mean, it is the worst feeling ever as an adult!
The last couple of days Lilly Catherine has been spitting up some. She has pretty much never spit up. (Except for this one time: she had a hard time gaining weight after she lost almost a pound after birth, so the doctor suggested we supplement with some formula after breastfeeding just to make sure she was completely full. As I was feeding her, she pretty much leaned forward and milk came spewing out of her mouth and nose. Lovely. We didn't do that again.) Anyways...we have had a few little episodes. Well, today we had 2 big episodes. The last time she threw up, I did not know a baby could hold that much liquid. I was holding her over my shoulder because she just started acting weird while she was playing on the bed. And then there were these funny noises and her body was doing weird motions, and she threw up in my hair, all down my back on my shirt and pants, and all over the bed. Oh.My.Gosh. I am so glad my mom was here, otherwise I would have probably really freaked out. My poor little baby. I've got to tell you, as I've said several times the last few months, I am ready for spring and our run of sickness to be OVER. We took her to the doctor because she has had bronchiolitis and and ear infection, and they said if she started vomiting or had bad diarrhea to bring her back in. So we went. Turns out they think she has strep or a stomach virus that acts like strep with the sore throat and also has violent vomiting with it. Again, lovely. She has puss on her tonsils. Lovely. So...we are watching her VERY closely for the next few days, making sure she doesn't develop a fever.
So to sum it up, baby throw up is every bit as unpleasant, scary, sad, helpless and gross as I had expected.
The last couple of days Lilly Catherine has been spitting up some. She has pretty much never spit up. (Except for this one time: she had a hard time gaining weight after she lost almost a pound after birth, so the doctor suggested we supplement with some formula after breastfeeding just to make sure she was completely full. As I was feeding her, she pretty much leaned forward and milk came spewing out of her mouth and nose. Lovely. We didn't do that again.) Anyways...we have had a few little episodes. Well, today we had 2 big episodes. The last time she threw up, I did not know a baby could hold that much liquid. I was holding her over my shoulder because she just started acting weird while she was playing on the bed. And then there were these funny noises and her body was doing weird motions, and she threw up in my hair, all down my back on my shirt and pants, and all over the bed. Oh.My.Gosh. I am so glad my mom was here, otherwise I would have probably really freaked out. My poor little baby. I've got to tell you, as I've said several times the last few months, I am ready for spring and our run of sickness to be OVER. We took her to the doctor because she has had bronchiolitis and and ear infection, and they said if she started vomiting or had bad diarrhea to bring her back in. So we went. Turns out they think she has strep or a stomach virus that acts like strep with the sore throat and also has violent vomiting with it. Again, lovely. She has puss on her tonsils. Lovely. So...we are watching her VERY closely for the next few days, making sure she doesn't develop a fever.
So to sum it up, baby throw up is every bit as unpleasant, scary, sad, helpless and gross as I had expected.
1 comment:
Oh Katie! I am so sorry, hope that sweet baby is feeling better.
Post a Comment