Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mom's Visit

sad that Nana is leaving...
everyone looking at the camera!!!
very happy girls!

My mom came to visit last Wednesday and left today. It was perfect timing considering how sick everyone has been, and I am always so appreciative to have her around to help out during the day (and night too!). I feel like I can "relax" a little and not have to be 100%...that's a great feeling :) We had a very relaxing visit, especially compared to the last time she was here, which was at Christmas. We basically hung out around the house, baked princess cupcakes (she sent the girls little princess figurines to go in cupcakes, heart cookie cutters, and a machine to make frozen juice pops in for Valentine's Day!), cooked big dinners, watched the Olympics (Caroline loves to watch!), watched Pride and Prejudice (one my favorite books and movies ever), and my mom and I had a "mom and daughter date" Saturday during the day. It was fabulous and much needed!!! I swear, she can make me laugh harder than anyone :) We went to Shepler's, basically a western store out here in Denver, and she bought Caroline a pair of cowgirl boots and are brown, pink and white and light up on the bottom!!! Needless to say, Caroline is in love :) We had a great trip and I am already missing her.

No comments: