Thursday, May 13, 2010

NC Trip, Part 1













Well, we survived our trip back east :)

I flew out a little over two weeks ago with the girls, all by myself. Yep, that's right. BY MYSELF. Pretty much every worry and concern came true. But that's ok. The good thing about being in a confined space with a 2 1/2 year old and a 1 year old 30,000 feet up in the air is that it is a finite amount of time. So I knew after 3 short hours, we would be in Charlotte! Lilly Cate struggled to go to sleep, which was our main issue. This is just a hard age to fly...at 1 they don't just take a bottle or nurse and go to sleep. But they aren't old enough to be entertained with DVD's, coloring and copious snacks. She cried/screamed/shrilled/squealed/flailed for about the first 2 hours and 15 minutes. For the last 45 minutes she had worn herself down to the point of exhaustion and slept like a baby :) Caroline was a doll! She loved taking off and landing, and is old enough to understand what you can and cannot do on an airplane. Wonderful! (As I'm typing this I'm sure she's planning on being a tantrum princess on our flight back in July.)

Mom was waiting for us in Charlotte and once we got our luggage out to the car and carseats in, we were off to the beach!

We had a great time at the beach, although it was exhausting!!! This was Lilly Cate's first time at the beach and she absolutely LOVED it! This was Caroline's second time and she had such a blast :) She is definitely at the age where she can anticipate things and gets so excited. Her first beach trip was when she was one, Lilly Cate's age, and I can't say she was particularly thrilled with it. She didn't not like it then, she was just indifferent. Not this time!

1 comment:

tiffabbey said...

How fun, they look so happy and I LOVE your new family picture...so colorful! You are one brave girl flying with two kids...my hero.