Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Cardiologist Appointment

We had Caroline's appointment this morning and everything went well.  They did an EKG and an ultrasound of her heart and everything is normal!  Yay for normal!!!  She does have high blood pressure and a fast heart rate/pulse, but nothing is structurally wrong with her heart.  The cardiologist also mentioned the certain kind of tumor that comes with flushing and high blood pressure/heart rate, but of course we are still waiting to hear back on the results of the blood work.  PRAYING that it is normal!!!  I just have to feel like in my heart of hearts that everything is just fine with her.  I mean, she is too "normal" to have anything major like a tumor.  Surely if this was the case, we would have known by now.  Maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better and stay positive, but it is scary when you've have four different pediatric specialists tell you your daughter has several classic symptoms of this type of tumor.  I hope, hope, hope that we hear by the end of this week...I hate being in the middle and just not knowing.  And I don't want to wait another weekend without any answers, or at least some information. 

We went to the park with some of the most lovely friends you could ever imagine this afternoon, and sure enough Caroline started getting red.  It wasn't too terribly bad, mainly because there was a nice breeze, we were in some shade, and it wasn't blazing hot outside.  She is now napping in her big girl princess bed, so we'll see how she feels when she wakes up.  I know she is just completely drained from today.

View of Pike's Peak...with a little cloud sitting right over the top!
The other pictures are from last weekend and our trip to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We will be praying! Hugs~