We had a great Halloween this year! My parents came out to visit for a long (and exhausting!) weekend. My dad hasn't been out since last Christmas and I knew I couldn't go from the end of August to the middle of December without seeing my mom, so they decided to pop out for a few days.
We went to the Wildlife Experience for a Trick-or-Treat off the street, and I was pretty excited about this...however, my children were not impressed. Caroline wanted nothing to do with any of it. Everytime I expect her to have a certain reaction to things, she does the complete opposite...little stinker! But I enjoyed doing the little crafts and walking around and seeing everything.
Saturday afternoon mom and I were able to get some girl time -- read: shopping time. We went to mall as fast as possible, childless. It is amazing what you can get done in a few hours without a 3 year old and 18 month old :) We picked out some bedding for RJK IV at Pottery Barn Kids, so I am starting to get in the spirit of having a boy. We are using the bed skirt and bumper (not that we really use the bumper because I am too paranoid and I believe it is a safety concern, but it is pretty) from Caroline because it is green and white, and goes great with some sheets and blankets we found. They have little green and blue elephants on them! Neither of the girls' rooms have been overly baby, but I have a feeling this one might be.
My dad had to leave on Sunday :( but mom got to stay an extra day and help with trick-or-treat. A good family friend sent the girls Halloween costumes and they decided to wear those on Halloween night. So Caroline went from a beautiful pink butterfly to a black/purple witch and Lilly Catherine went from a bumble bee to a green monster. It was quite the transformation, but I think they were glad to wear something different! Although the costumes were too small, the girls squeezed themselves in and made do :)
she might have a slight attachment to mommy...
watching the great pumpkin
upside down apple tart
breakfast
wildlife experience
the only smile i got from her while we were there
don't they look thrilled?!?
mommy doing the crafts!
and making popcorn hands!
halloween night!
i had to cut the neck to get her in this costume. and it's a tad short.
WHEW!!!
1 comment:
Katie they are so cute! I am with you on the bumper, Mackensy started rolling and wiggling so early I was afraid she'd suffocate. But i was also scared she'd get her arms stuck in the slats. I ordered a breathable bumper and it works great!!! Keeps her arms out and she can't suffocate. Just thought I'd metion it!
Susan
Post a Comment