Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas

This was definitely an interesting Christmas! 

First of all, Caroline definitely "got it" this year.  And the anticipation was just killing her!  Bless her heart...I think seeing her reaction Christmas morning was my favorite thing this entire holiday season.  She went to look downstairs over the stairs and saw that the cookies and milk were gone.  She came running into our room, completely out of breath, and couldn't even get out the words..."Mommy, Mommy...Mommy!  The cookies...Santa...the cookies...Santa ate all of the cookies last night!  And the milk...Mommy...the milk is gone too!"  She was jumping up and down, so excited I thought she would just burst.  Lilly Cate slept until 9, as always...

Secondly, I did not have the energy at 30-31 weeks pregnant that I normally do during the holidays.  Big surprise there...It was just physically exhausting. 

Then, we all got sick.  I got sick early in the day on Christmas Eve.  Christmas morning I felt pretty horrible.  The day after was even worse.  I am still recovering.  Then my mom got sick.  Then Caroline.  Then Lilly Cate.  Then RJ.  And now my poor Dad.

Lilly was up screaming two nights in a row, which was a not-so-pleasant flashback to this time last year and the 3 months of constant ear infections.  I took her in to the doctor and sure enough, she has a double ear infection.  I should also mention that with round-the-clock motrin, the poor baby still had a fever of 103.  *sigh*  She is doing better on her antibiotic, but has a horrible cough.  Luckily she has an appointment with the ENT this coming Tuesday so we can get the ear tubes and tonsils checked out.

Despite the sickness, we had a great Christmas and are so glad my parents got to come out for a few days and visit!  We made lots of good food, watched Christmas movies/shows, went to the Winter Wonderlights, RJ and I got a date night at Del Frisco's, and I always laugh hardest with my parents and RJ around.  It just makes me feel good!


 she always makes these faces...too cute :)


















1 comment:

Mama Goose said...

I love the matching pj's! And you look great, hang in there.