I had my 28 week baby appointment today...I just can't believe I'm already in the last trimester of this pregnancy, with about 11 weeks to go until my scheduled c-section.
I had the glucose test today. Not quite as yucky as I thought. It really isn't that big of a deal. The hardest part was getting through the doctor's appointment in an hour to get back downstairs and have my blood drawn within the time limit. I should hear back in a couple of days, but hopefully is looking ok!
I also had some additional blood work done today to check for a blood clot. Yikes. A little over a week ago, I had pain in my right calf and my OB sent me to the ER to have an ultrasound of my leg to check blood flow and see if there were any signs of a clot. Luckily, that test turned out fine. However, at the end of last week, I started getting extremely short of breath, cannot take a deep breath very well and get winded (more so than a normal preggo lady at 28 weeks chasing 2 toddlers). I went to see my allergy/asthma doctor since I have such a long history of asthma and pneumonia. She started me on a z-pack, steroid and breathing treatments for acute bronchitis with asthma complications. I went back Monday and not much had changed in my breathing test. So she recommended the additional blood work to check for any blood clots since I have had such a shortness of breath, coupled with the calf pain. Praise that everything came back normal this afternoon!!! That was a big relief. I honestly didn't think I had a blood clot, but it was one of those things in the back of my mind, "what if..."
On to the baby :) He is doing just great! His heart rate was 140 and I am measuring at 30 weeks. I met with a different doctor in the practice today, who I just thoroughly enjoyed talking with. Actually, I would love for her to be my OB, but am a little concerned about switching doctors within a practice. Kind of like cheating on my doctor. Which I love my current doctor too, but he is just more direct and to the point and she takes a little more time to discuss things. The reason I picked my current doctor is that I just assumed when I was pregnant with Lilly Catherine that I would have a repeat c-section and he is an absolutely excellent surgeon. And since I will probably just stick with another c-section, I would feel most comfortable with him doing it.
Also, I think we have decided on a nickname for our little boy! His full name is Rene John Krier IV, but we are probably going to call him "Renn" for short. I'm glad that that seems to be decided upon, not that is was a big deal. We were wavering between Renn and Jack (nickname for John), but it seems like every other little boy we know is named Jack. So, we will see if Renn sticks!
2 comments:
so excited for you katie! i'm glad things are going well- and i like the name renn! :)
I love the name renn, and so glad it's all going well!
Post a Comment