Wednesday, September 14, 2011

This Little Boy...



is spoiled.  rotten. 

I was so excited to start a new MOPS group today where the girls attend school.  I have been going to the same church for MOPS for 3 years, since we first moved here.  The first year, I absolutely LOVED it and met so many incredible women, many I consider my best mommy friends.  However, the last two years, especially this past year...not so great.  It was cliquey.  And most of the moms at my table were all "done up" every.single.meeting.  Um...I have three children and the oldest just turned four.  I am rarely done up.  When I am, it's for a date night with my husband.  Our last date night was September 1.  Of 2010.  So, when I go to a MOPS meeting at church, I expect, want and need to talk with other moms who are in similar positions, facing the same parenting challenges, and will accept me in my sweats.  This was not that group and it was disheartening to say the least.  When a mentor mom is up in front of the group giving a devotional and the four women around me are talking and whispering, comparing new hair products on their i Phones, I know this is not the group for me.  So, back to the point...I was excited to join a new group today.  My one concern, was our darling little boy.  I think he's been away from me and/or RJ twice.  Maybe only once?  I can't remember.  You get the point.  I knew it wasn't going to go well.  And he has a slight mommy attachment much like his eldest sister still does.  I dropped him off in the infant room, went upstairs, the group leaders introduced themselves and outlined what MOPS is, then told us to grab some breakfast.  Then a wonderfully sweet woman from the infant room came looking for me.  15 minutes.  I guess it's a start.  So I went down and got Renn, who was speckled purple and red from screaming at perfectly innocent grandmotherly women trying to calm him down.  And he was immediately quiet and burrowing in my shoulder.  He is so sweet.  So I spent the rest of the meeting feeding him, nursing him, trying to stop him from eating paper and ripping the table cloths.  I finally left.  He just refuses to sleep anywhere but his crib or in the car while it's moving.  As soon as we stop and get out, he is awake.  So I'm not sure how MOPS is going to go. 

But he sure is cute :)



No comments: