Lilly Catherine is 2 1/2!
I will go ahead and get this part out of the way...
she looks A LOT like I did as a baby. Her hair is curlier, but the features are very similar. And the personality is very similar, so far. My parents and RJ both say, "she is a little Katie." I'm not quite sure how to take this...but we are just so in love with this little girl, especially at the "difficult" age of 2.
She is skeptical of people at first (Unlike Caroline, who has never met a stranger. Or I should say has met every stranger.). But if she decides she likes you, she is the most cuddly little girl you have ever met. When she goes to school, she immediately sits in Miss Amanda's lap with her lovey and cuddles. When she wakes up in the morning, she needs to be cuddled for a good 10 minutes before she will attempt to do anything else; she usually doesn't even talk first.
On that note...she is a Daddy's girl if I've ever seen one. Good lawd. It is pathetic at times. But they have a special bond and I just love to watch it grow. I think it is because when she was so sick both last year and the year before, RJ would rock her in her room every night. All night. He would literally sleep in the chair holding her.
As a result...RJ is horrible at disciplining her. That and the whole she looks like me thing.
She has the sweetest voice you have ever heard. It is so soft and high-pitched. Unless she's mad.
She is moody. Another Good lawd for this one. It is best to just leave her alone if she's in a bad mood.
I've said this earlier, but she and Renn have a special bond too. He LOVES her! She is very gentle with him and dotes on him. Heaven forbid he drop a toy...she is all over it. Even if he doesn't want it, he's going to get it.
One similarity with Caroline, she loves dance and music. She is doing great in her first ballet class this year!
We tried soccer and it was slow torture. I think part of this is the age, but we'll see.
She loves to color, paint and draw. But boy, is she trouble. You have to watch her...she is the reason we no longer have markers in our house. Not only does she color/paint herself, she also colored on the doors, walls, floor, table, and lastly, new upholstered chairs in the entry. Bye-bye markers. Ironically, she hates when her hands are dirty.
She weighs about 34 pounds. She wears a size 8.5-9 shoe. She wears mostly size 3 pants and size 3 or 4 shirts. Like Caroline and Renn, she has a long torso. But you can already tell she has a very different body shape than Caroline.
We need to work on potty training. It is my fault, I'm not consistent. Well, I haven't even really started. Caroline basically potty trained herself and Lilly Cate is not going to do that. I think she would stay in the same diaper all day if I let her.
She loves to watch TV. But she also loves books.
I am neurotic and protective of all of our children, but especially Lilly Cate. I think because of the health issues and delayed gross motor development and physical therapy. On that note...she has been pretty healthy since her last surgery.
I feel guilty for saying this, but she is much more fun at 2 than Caroline was.
To say her hair is crazy is an understatement.
She talks with her hands like she's the Godfather.
She loves eggs; she loves apple juice so much she named her bunny "Juicy."
I just asked RJ what he would say about her: she is bossy, knows exactly what she wants; she is very particular; she will be one of the most interesting people you will ever meet.
No comments:
Post a Comment