Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Renn!

Yes, this year has flown by.  Yes, I am very sentimental about this last first birthday in our family.  Yes, he is our baby.  Yes, he is our only boy.  Yes, he is still a baby. 
Now that that is out of the way...

We had such a great time celebrating our little boy on his first birthday!!!  We are just so completely in love with him.

I admit that when we found out we were pregnant with him I wanted a third girl.  Basically, I was scared to have a boy and I felt like we kind of knew what to expect with girls. 
But I am so glad that God knew what we needed in our family!

I never quite understood the saying, "he is all boy."  And it still just sounds so corny.  But sometimes that is all you can say.  (Disclaimer:  as mentioned in an earlier post, Lilly Cate rivals most boys.)

At one year Renn:
 
 
-is on the move!  We joke that he should be in a baby crawling race...he is quick.  Which I think is why he isn't walking on his own yet.  He cruises all over the place, can stand on his own, can stand up in the middle of the floor and loves to push the girls' baby stroller and practice walking.
 
 
-loves his sisters, but I think especially Lilly Cate.  I've mentioned before, they are close.
 
 
-has 8 teeth, working on molars.

-has shaggy hair.  RJ desperately wants to get his hair cut on the sides (it majorly hangs over his ears) and in the back.
 
 
-his hair is very wavy in the back!  Maybe some more crazy Lilly hair?!?
-wears 18 month, some 12-18 month and 18-24 month clothing.  (Not sure on stats, we go next week for his well visit.)

-wears a size 5.5-6 wide shoe.
 
 
-right now is recovering from a stomach bacteria, so his appetite has been nonexistant for about 10 days.  We got an antibiotic yesterday so hopefully he is on the mend, but even when healthy can be a picky eater.  He does like waffles, bananas, applesauce, muesli, roast chicken, broccoli, peas, carrots, grilled cheese and mashed potatoes.  He does not like mac and cheese or pasta.  Or blueberries (he loves them in baby food, but not whole.  Maybe he has texture issues?)

-climbs on everything.
 
 
-loves to snuggle.

-sleeping is inconsistent right now.  He was doing great when we started the ulcer medication! 
Literally the first night he was on it, he slept through the night!  Then this other stomach stuff hit.  So I am curious what will happen over the next week or so.  I am hoping that once we get out of "sick season" he will be a more consistent sleeper at night.
 
 
-naps twice a day.

-LOVES cars.  I guess this is just another boy/girl difference.  He will push them across the floor and go chasing after them or just drag them along while he crawls.

-enjoys "Away in a Manger" while being rocked.

-sucks his right thumb and holds his lovey.  (Lovey is a white lamb from North American Bear Company.  These are the same bears that Caroline started sleeping with at 4 months old and she still sleeps with them!) 

-has a death grip.  Seriously.  We, the girls, have lost a lot of hair around here already.  Especially Lilly Cate.  Not that you could ever tell she's missing any.

-makes friends very quickly.  He loves our neighbor's grandparents that live right down the street from us.  Linda held Renn during most of his birthday party.

-is pretty content in the stroller as long as we are moving and/or has food.

-does not like juice.  Pretty much refuses to drink it.

Some pictures:

Holding my baby in recovery.

Newborn hospital pictures.

3 months old.

6 months old.

9 months old.


Happy Birthday!


No comments: