Thursday, February 23, 2012

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've been meaning to post this for a while now...several people have asked for the recipe in the past and I am finally doing it.

These are really great cookies, especially for those with allergies; of course there aren't any eggs or nuts for our allergy-prone family.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 cups quick cooking oats
  • 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup raisins (optional)  (I hate raisins, so this isn't any option for me :) )

-Beat butter, both sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.  Add flour and salt, mix well.

-Dissolve baking soda in boiling water and add to mixture; mix until combined.  Stir in rolled oats and chocolate chips.

-Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet (I make larger cookies, as you can tell in the picture).  Bake at 350.  Do not over cook; they will continue cooking and firm up on the pan once you take them out.



    And since there are no eggs, you can shove the cookie dough in your mouth sample the dough guilt-free.
     


No comments: