Saturday, April 21, 2012

14 Months

Since we were at the doctor on Renn's 14 month birthday (and he has changed justalittlebit in the last two months) I thought I would do a 14 month update.

(Don't worry...Lilly Cate goes to the doctor Monday and then she will get her 3 year old post.)

Renn is exactly 26 pounds.  How in the world he has gained two pounds in two months, while learning to walk, now run, I don't know.  And the reflux.  Oh, the reflux.  It is just not getting much better.  I think we are going to research some alternative treatments and hopefully find something that works.  I can't even tell you how incredibly frustrating "meals" are with him.  First of all, to say he is picky is a gross understatement.  I'm not sure if that's just the way he is, or if it is basically a consequence of the acid/reflux.  I am guessing the latter.  We know he has an egg allergy and a cow's milk sensitivity...so that's not a great start.  We are slowly incorporating goat's milk into his diet, but so far haven't seen much change in the reflux/discomfort.  He.will.not.sit.still.  Ever.  He would wiggle his way out of the high chair.  He basically just climbs out of the booster, even with the lap belt.  He pushes his chair away from the table.  Throws food in the floor.  Throws his plate in the floor.  At every meal.  So basically, he just grazes all day while walking around the house.  The GI doctor was very sympathetic to our situation and suggested just letting him eat what he wants the way he wants.  At this point, we are just focused on making sure he gets enough calories in the day.  And he needs a lot!  He is constantly on the move.

He is also becoming more verbal.  He loves to run over to the girls when they are in time out and point and yell "nat" (no) at them.  I have no idea where he picked that up from.

He lunges at me with his mouth WIDE OPEN to give me a kiss.  And will do this about 20 times and then just walk away.  It completely makes my day.

He is spoiled.  There.  I said it.  He loves to be held, particularly by me.  I really can't cook much more than grilled cheese these days because he is literally hanging off my leg, sobbing for me to pick him up.  Poor bubbie.

He got his first haircut a few weeks ago.  And now he looks like he's 2.  But man, is he a cutie.  And looks even more like RJ now.

Sleep is still an issue and sporadic.  Again, related to reflux?  I'm guessing yes.

He wears a size 6.5 wide shoe.  Good lawd.  We can barely keep him and Caroline clothed and fed.  (By the way...our 4 1/2 year old wears a size 8 bathing suit and I would put my money on her in an eating contest.)

He wears size 18-24 month pants and is mostly wearing 24 month shirts.  He has a long torso like the aforementioned Black Widow.

Still sleeps with his little lamb lovey.  So sweet.

If I could bottle his smell...stinky, sweaty, dirty, reflux little boy, I would in a heartbeat.  I love it.

Speaking of smell...boys in general smell much worse than girls, even as babies.  He could take a full bath everyday and still smell.

Loves to play with his man bits.  Pretty hilarious.

Loves to play outside.  Will stand at the patio door, beat on the glass and cry. 

I'm sure I will have lots more to share in another month.  Our little boy is growing and changing every day.



No comments: