One of the most vivid memories I have of the newborn fog with our little Lilly pie is going to a doctor's check-up (probably checking her weight since she lost so much...HA! funny now, but to an exhausted nursing mom with a 21 month old, it is tear-enducing) and Linda (the scheduler at the ped's office) said, "She looks exactly like a Lilly Catherine!" And she does. And she acts like one too. I picked out her name...Lilly after an aunt and Catherine after me. I find it interesting that we really didn't consider Catherine/Katherine for Caroline, but we just knew it would be part of Lilly's name and lo and behold, she is my child made over.
Stats at 3 years:
-37.2 pounds (95%)
-39 inches (90%)
I have said this before and unless you really know LC, you don't get it. But when you do get to know her, you understand...she is the most interesting child. And I just adore her. I have been keeping a list of little things she does just so I don't forget.
She loves ketchup, but really loves to dip her french fries in butter. Actually, she just loves butter. Period.
She is a picky eater and generally eats a very Mediterranean diet. She does not like meat that much at all. (Caroline on the other hand, is in heaven with a steak and ribs.)
It is hard to get a "good" picture of her. She just stands there. Or frowns.
I guess she is generally a condiment gal because she loves A1 too.
We are working on this one...she generally beats up/hits/slaps Caroline on a daily basis. Caroline may be bigger and older, but LC gets the best of her. And it makes Caroline mad. Really mad. Then crying and screaming. We noticed around 6 months that LC was a much more aggressive baby than Caroline was. You can imagine what Renn is like...
She loves gymnastics and ballet.
She does not love the pool.
I honestly think she thinks that Renn is her little baby. I love the way she cares for him and loves him. And he shows her so much love. He will just walk up to her and hug her and give her kisses. It makes my day to see him loving on her!
She LOVES TV. A little too much.
She is still very dominant on her right side. This is part of the reason we are doing gymnastics. We may revisit physical therapy just to make sure she's not falling behind on gross motor skills.
She loves to steal "crunchy" bread off our salads. That would be croutons. Generally, she loves salad.
She will study a new food for a few minutes and then lick it before she will actually eat it.
OCD. She does not like for her hands to be dirty. She is obsessed with washing her hands, wiping them off, hand sanitizer, and will smell the soap every.time.she washes.her.hands. It doesn't matter where we are. And she always makes me smell it too.
She eats toothpaste.
She is very sneaky with just about everything. RJ and I were wrestling Caroline and Renn for bed one night and when we were finally done, we couldn't find LC anywhere. After a few minutes, we were getting pretty panicked. We finally found her...she had turned the lights off in the living room and was sitting in a corner eating a bag of iced animal cookies.
She is a good sleeper. She has been in her big girl bed for several months now and still naps, so I consider that success.
Generally, she is just hilarious to be around and we love her to pieces!
Happy Birthday, Lilly pie!
One
Two
Three
No comments:
Post a Comment