Wednesday, November 19, 2008

First Big Girl Haircut



Adding to our exciting weekend last weekend, we took Caroline to Snip It, a childrens' hair salon, and got her hair cut. I was so nervous!!! I don't know why -- they are much more qualified to cut her hair than myself. I have cut the front about 4 times to keep it out of her eyes since she absolutely refuses to keep a bow in her hair for more than 5 seconds -- if she lets me get one in at all! She did a good job in that she sat still enough for the lady to cut her hair straight. But she was not happy! The sucker was a much needed treat at the end. They basically cut her some bangs in layers across the top so it can be worn down and out of her eyes, or to the side in a clip should she choose to cooperate (let's hope, at least for a holiday party or two). She also trimmed up the back so it would be even. The lady put a little clear rubber band in her hair and a pink ribbon through it -- I swear I have never seen a bow put in hair so damn fast. Especially one with a rubber band...amazing. I did get Caroline's hair in pig tails again the other day and was hoping she would keep them in for Gymboree class. But no. After I got them in she had a fit and I gave up. Ah, to have such a beautiful little girl that hates bows! At least she likes other accessories -- purses, tights, shoes with sequins, and is very well behaved in dresses. At least I have that going, for now.
By the way, the little wisk that she used for cookies last Friday is in all of our recent pictures. She loves that thing! I finally had to hide it because she was running around the house with the end in her mouth...


No comments: