Mom got in on Thursday and boy was it an adventure! When I went in the airport to pick her up, it was about 38 and partly cloudy. 40 minutes later, we walk out in to 23 and snow! And I hate driving in the snow! And we needed to stop at the grocery. It took about an hour and a half to get home...
We are having a great time together and I am so grateful to have help/entertainment with Caroline! Today we made coconut macaroons and sugar cookie dough. We are going to make the cookies tomorrow, as soon as we can find meringue powder for the icing. Very difficult to find -- we've been to 2 stores.
We are all pretty much done with our Christmas shopping and the tree looks stuffed underneath. Of course the majority of it is for Caroline :) Mom picked her up a rocking horse from Pottery Barn Kids yesterday and I can't wait to see her play on it. She would not get off of it in the store!
We also had RJ's office pot luck party on Friday, which was fun. Caroline was a doll, of course :) She danced, said "yum" after every bite and rubbed her tummy. She also screamed when she saw Santa -- again. We are definitely done for the season. She is definitely a legend in his office...
We bought 2 potties and some pull-ups last week. I think we are going to begin the process after everyone leaves. I just don't think we can be consistent enough to start now. And too many other things going on. I am slightly encouraged though. She lets us know when she goes to the bathroom and is definitely ready to be changed!
She is also saying "all done" when she is done eating and puts her arms up in the air, her hands turned outward. (There is a picture of the hand motion in the last set of pictures.) So this isn't really new, but nothing I've written about yet that is super cute. I think her new favorite word is truck. When ever she sees one she yells it out! It can be quite alarming when we are riding down the road and she is quiet and then says, "TRUCK!"
She is also trying to dress herself and can actually get a few things on. And she is putting lotion on her hands and face, which is a good thing for the bitter cold out here!
No comments:
Post a Comment