Well, our Christmas celebration is about over. It is so hard to believe -- it went by very quickly. I must say that I am absolutely exhausted. We had a wonderful time and for the first time RJ and I feel ready to move into the New Year! We usually cling to Christmas for a while...
Today is a bit of an adjustment as Caroline has had constant attention for about 13 days now! Although I think she is exhausted as well -- she is currently taking a nap. We have had many long nights (Caroline is usually tucked in bed by 8, RJ and I by 8:30) and I think that alone warrants some recovery time! It was wonderful visiting with mom, dad, Debra and Mitch -- I am so thankful that they all took the time to come out here and spend Christmas with us! I hope we were not too boring! We got lots of goodies, especially Caroline who still has a few presents to open :)
I am working on cleaning everything up today, putting away the new toys, doing probably 1000 loads of laundry, just basically getting things ready to take down Christmas stuff. Isn't that sad? I need to clean to get ready to put everything away...
We have our 24 week appointment this Friday which I am of course looking forward to! She is really starting to move and RJ felt her move for the first time the other night. I love that part! She is sitting very low which I wonder if that is contributing to the aching back??? Which results in restless sleep...an interesting cycle :) I have also been feeling a cramping/contracting feeling very low which I am somewhat concerned about. I hope that it is nothing, but we will discuss it with the doctor Friday. We are also going to talk about trying a VBAC vs. c-section. I feel like I have been so overwhelmed with the holidays and getting everything ready that I haven't really bonded with this baby yet :( I am really going to focus on my last few months with Caroline as my only child and getting ready to meet our new little one -- I absolutely love my babies and want to focus on them for the coming months! We really need to start working on the new nursery and getting things ready for baby's arrival...I have a feeling it will take a month just to wash all of Caroline's old things at this rate!
No comments:
Post a Comment