Monday, January 19, 2009

18 Month Check Up

Caroline had her 18 month check up today and everything went very well. With the exception that she screamed for most of the time! Luckily RJ was there and I could actually talk to the doctor while he held her. She is doing great developmentally. He said that he is happy if an 18 month old knows 5 words other than mama and dada, and Caroline know about 20, plus some 2 word phrases. And lots of animal noises :) As for her growth, she is 26 pounds and 10 ounces (80%) and 34 inches (96%). She is usually around the 50% on weight, so I was very surprised that she has gotten so meaty :) Of course she still just looks tall and skinny! But I'm glad that she has put on some weight. Back in the fall she went about 3 months without gaining any weight and actually lost a pound or so around 15-16 months. And she got 2 shots today, which I hate, but I know she needs. We are still delaying the MMR and she has not had a flu vaccine this season. And since she had the chicken pox last year (during Valentine's Day), she does not need the varicella vaccine. We do not go back until she is 2 -- I can't believe it!!! That seems so old! And to think we'll have a 3 month old then as well.

Other than that, not much to report from the doctor. It was a great visit and we both really liked the doctor. He is much more engaged with the parents and very thorough, which I appreciate. Unlike our previous dismissive pediatrician. And they have a new office right by the Caribou Coffee...the small things :)

No comments: